Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Book Claw


My daughter has a dream invention. It's called the Book Claw. Here's the idea: you think about which book you'd like to read, send a silent mental message out, and the Book Claw does the rest of the work. Want to read Tracy Barrett's SHERLOCK FILES? Presto chango, the Book Claw locates the nearest library copy, clasps the book in its metal prongs, and speeds through the sky to deliver it to you in seconds. Clonk, the book drops in your lap. I have something like that of my own, too. I call it the UPS guy. He's not as fast as the Book Claw, but almost!

AH and I spent 3 delicious hours in Borders today. One of our best buddies, Marvin, is manager of the store. In our minds, that makes him a rock star!

My daughter and I wandered around the store and gathered up a stack of books. Back in the coffee shop, we settled in for a long summer's read. AH devoured Roald Dahl's FANTASTIC MR. FOX--all of it, right there. She let out a delighted gasp toward the end:
"This is a wonderful book, Mommy."

5 comments:

JPickles said...

Wow! I love the Book Claw. It would sure make reading easier, as it seems that I am always going to the library or Barnes and Nobles for my books. I just read a great book called, "My Dearest Friends", by Patricia Volk. I thought it was very good, but my book club friends didn't like it so much. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. OH, Just call me AJ....not my initials, but I know two smart chicks like AH and HT can figure out my identity!!!

JPickles said...

LOL....I thought my user name would be different....So, I guess figuring out my identity was pretty easy!!!!

HP said...

This is a great idea, AH! I love The Book Claw! The Dragon Rider looks like a really good book. I am reading Jataka Tales. It's a book of short stories.hp

AH said...

Hi HP. I think JAKATA TALES sounds like a really good book. Maybe you should try reading EMMY AND THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING RAT. I did a book report on it and I will talk about it on the blog soon. Your reading buddy AH

Gma said...

Hi AH. I also love to read. I'm looking forward to reading your blog this summer. Your art work is my favorite part of your blog. gma