Wednesday, June 11, 2008

JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH


Hello Booklovers! I just read a cool book named JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH. It was about a little boy who had a miserable life with his Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker. He had to stay at his two aunt's house. Then an old man gave James some green things about the size of a grain rice. He says that if he eats them he won't have such a miserable life. And whatever thing it sees first gets to have a wonderful life. Then he's so happy that he runs to his house. He's running to his house when he trips over the peach root and the great stuff drops. But when he trips over the peach tree root the bugs eat them and they grow about the size of dog. And they live inside the peach. The peach grows about to the size of a gigantic bomb and the insects live inside of it. And then James sees a little passageway inside of the peach. He sees a centipede, a ladybug, a glow worm, a preying mantis, an earthworm, a spider, and a silk worm. They go on marvelous adventures.

The reason why I like this book is because they travel so many places and there are these people called Cloud Men and it shows you how they make weather.

That's all Book Buddies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that book too! I love all of that guy's books.

Anonymous said...

Hi, AH! Love the blog -- what a great idea! I especially enjoyed your interview with your grandma. You have a knack for talk show conversation -- good job!

I'm JM, mother of Z. Z is now 5 1/2, ready to start kindergarten. We're reading James and the Giant Peach together, for the second time. After this, we may move on to more Roald Dahl, like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- or maybe we'll try Fantastic Mr. Fox, since I see that you enjoyed it.

Have you read Watership Down? It's a very long book, but very, very good. My mom read it to me when I was about your age, and then I read it myself a bit later.

I look forward to reading more about what you're reading.

Please give HT and JH hugs from me.

-JM